Straight Talk Windows 7 Phone Set Up
Activating your Windows 7 device with Straight Talk is relatively simple. You will need to order the correct Straight Talk Sim card kit. There are 3 kits available so you will need to select the correct one based on the type of phone you have, unlocked phone, AT&T locked or TMobile locked. If MMS is a must have, then check out the Windows 7 Comparison Page because not all Windows 7 phone support MMS. So here are the instructions on activating your Straight Talk Sim card kit with your Windows 7 phone.
1. Activate your Sim card kit using the Straight Talk web page. You will activate your Straight Talk sim card by selecting the Activate/Reactivate link on the Straight Talk web page. Even though you just have a Sim card, you will be activating just as if it were a phone. You will need the Sim serial number that's on the red card included with your Straight Talk Sim kit. Follow the easy prompts on the Straight Talk web page to complete the activation. In most cases, the Sim will be active and ready to use in under 10 minutes.
2. If your Windows 7 phone is new to you, the phone will walk you through a few simple prompts. You will need a Windows Live id for the App Market place so you may want to set one up before hand.
3. With your Straight Talk sim card active, it is time to install the sim card on the phone. This of course varies slightly from model to model but all will be in the back so you will need to remove the battery cover and the battery on some models. Reboot the phone once you have the Sim card installed. At this point, your Windows 7 phone can make/receive phone calls and standard text messages.
4. With your Windows 7 phone active, it's time to get your Data working so be sure to turn your WiFi off so we can test when done. From the home screen, tap the Arrow icon on the top right hand corner.
5. Scroll to find Settings and tap.
6. Scroll to find Cellular and tap.
7. Set the Data Connection setting to On then tap Edit APN.
8. Finally, you will enter the Straight Talk apn. In the APN box, enter att.mvno. That's all you need to enter so you can ignore the rest of the settings.
9. That's it! Test your data by firing up Internet Explorer and visiting your favorite website.