Windows 7 Missing Samsung Zone for Straight Talk MMS Samsung Phones
What do you do if your Samsung phone does not have the Samsung Zone section? Here are some simple steps on restoring the Samsung Zone section on your phone.
The Samsung Zone is available for all Samsung models, but Samsung Wireless Manager will only work with the Focus Flash (SGH-i677), Focus 2 (SGH-i667) and Focus S (SGH-i937).
1. The first thing to note is that you have the Windows 7.5 Mango installed on your phone. As of this writing, latest version is 7.10.7720. To check this, go to your phone menu, then settings and scroll to About. Tap 'More Info' and check the OS Version line which should be something like 7.10.7720.xx.
You can also check by connecting your phone to your computer with the latest version of Microsoft Zune. Go to the Phone tab and click Update. It will tell you if you have the latest version or it will perform the update. Note that you will need a Windows Live id so be sure to create one prior to doing anything on the phone.
My phone has the latest version, now what?
As was my case, my phone had the latest version when trying to perform a phone update but I still did not have the Samsung Zone section of the app store. If that's the case for you, then you will need to reset your device.
1. If your phone is active, remove the SIM card. In some cases, the Samsung Zone will not appear if the SIM is installed prior to resetting the phone. This is particularly true if you are using the Straight Talk Sim card or the Simple Mobile sim.
2. Go to Settings->About and tap 'reset you phone'. If the phone is new to you, then there is no problem. If this is an existing phone you had with another carrier then you should back up your device because resetting it will wipe your data.
3. After resetting your phone, simply follow the on screen prompts.
4.Connect to WiFi after you follow the onscreen prompts. Skip the Windows Live sign in section on the prompts.
5. Navigate to the App store and you should see the Samsung Zone as the first choice.
6. Install the SIM and you should be ready to go.
If you still do not have it, wait a bit as sometimes it may take a little while for the phone to pick it up, note that it must still be connected to WiFi. I have performed this on 4 Ebay purchased handsets and have successfully added the Samsung Zone each time.