Activating Windows 7 Samsung Focus With Straight Talk Sim Card
Activating the Samsung Focus with the Straight Talk SIM card is a straight forward process, no pun intended. Before we do anything on the phone, be sure to activate your Sim card on the Straight Talk Website. Activating the phone on the site is easy and should take no more than 5 minutes. Most Sim cards will be active and ready to use within 10 minutes after activation. Here are the steps to getting your Samsung Focus going.
1. The first thing to do is to install the SIM card so remove the back cover by pulling up on the indentation at the bottom of the battery cover. Simply slide the sim with the numbers face up and the notched corner pointing towards the top right hand corner as shown below.
2. Now lets put the cover back on and turn fire up the phone. At this point, your phone is ready to make/receive phone calls. Let's test it by placing a quick phone call. If successful, congratulations your Straight Talk sim card is active. Now it's time to get our data working so lets get to it!
3. To get your Samsung Focus data with Straight Talk, from the Windows homescreen, press the top right hand corner arrow to get to the menu screen.
4. On the menu screen, scroll to the bottom and select Settings.
5. On the settings screen, scroll until you see the Cellular option and press it.
6. On the Cellular screen, press the Edit APN button.
7. Finally, on the APN box, enter att.mvno and save it by pressing the check button at the bottom. When saved, simply press the middle Windows button to go back to the homescreen.
That's it, that's all there is to it. Launch Internet Explorer and visit your favorite web page to test your data. Unfortunately, the Samsung Focus does not allow for us to set MMS, however, you can use your Email to send pictures and other attachments.